- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper
- 1 whole chicken (4.25 pounds)
- Clean chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle generously with dry rub or own seasonings.
- Spray fry basket with cooking spray and place chicken into the basket with the breast side down and legs facing down.
- Air Fry chicken for 330°F for 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken.
- Fry for 20 more minutes at 330°F or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For a crispy finish, increase temperature to 400F in the last 5-10 minutes of cook time.